Asterisk Support Engineer
Switch Telecom is looking for an Asterisk Engineer to provision and configure VoIP solutions and provide high quality telephonic, remote and onsite Networking & VoIP Support to existing and new clients.
- A strong understanding of Asterisk is essential.
- The candidate must have a good understanding of the TCP/IP networking suite, and be familiar with IP routing protocols including SIP, IAX, RTP, H.323 as well as being familiar with the codecs used for encoding voice traffic in an IP network and router/modem hardware.
- A strong knowledge of ADSL, GSM and Wireless connectivity.
- SIP Hard & Softphones experience.
- Configuring handsets which include but is not limited to Siemens, Snom and Yealink.
- Experience in a large-scale IP services network is beneficial
- Installing hosted switchboards, configuring handsets and installing VoIP solutions.
- Providing excellent customer service, this includes continual feedback to the client; prompt first response on all service requests; professional communication to the client; being responsive to the client’s needs and issues and taking ownership of all service related queries.
- Prioritisation of numerous service requests via the severity of the problem.
- Collaborating extensively with peers and resellers to resolve issues within accepted time frames.
- Ensuring that all service requests are updated comprehensively within the ticketing system.
- Fulfil standby duties as per set roster.