A Cloud SBC or Session Border Controller is often described as a “firewall for VoIP”. These are used at the “borders” between different networks to make sure data is transferred correctly between them, as well as providing a layer of security and protection from attacks and breaches. SBCs were traditionally located on-premise, but increasingly are cloud-hosted, allowing a much higher level of flexibility and reliability together with lower up-front costs.
Switch Telecom Cloud SBC
If your business is using Microsoft Teams as an internal communication tool and you already have Microsoft 365 or an E5 Enterprise license you can connect to the Switch Telecom network with the Switch Cloud SBC.
Direct routing on the Teams platform will allow you to connect to a Switch Telecom VoIP SIP Trunk. This means being able to take advantage of lower call rates, more flexibility, and better support.
Direct Routing is seen as extremely attractive by a variety of businesses as it gives them the true flexibility of choosing their own telephony provider, all the while retaining a verified integration with the Teams platform.
Direct Routing works by combining the Teams system to the Switch Telecom network using two key elements: a Switch Telecom Cloud SBC or Session Border Controller and a Switch Telecom SIP Trunk.
- In the first place, you can have Teams completely integrated with Switch Telecom.
- No need to spend a fortune on physical hardware.
- No difficult hardware set up and on going maintenance.
- You can retain your business number/s by porting to Switch Telecom.
- Month to month contract.
- Notably, a flat monthly fee that remains the same regardless of the number of users you have registered to Teams
Monthly Service Fee: R1,000 (including VAT) per month
What you need to get started:
A Switch Telecom VoIP SIP Trunk and a Microsoft Teams E5 or Enterprise License.
VoIP SIP Trunk
- Installation Fee: FREE
- Contract Term: Month-to-Month