Maybe you’ve heard of SIP Trunk or VoIP SIP Trunking. Maybe an acquaintance of yours saves money by using a Switch Telecom SIP trunk in his or her business. As a result, you’d like to know more. VoIP stands for Voice over Internet Protocol, or in more common terms telephone service over the Internet.
Because your business is already paying for the internet, you can now use our VoIP solution to make calls at a reduced cost.
A SIP trunk is the VoIP equivalent of the traditional analogue, basic or primary rate telephony service. It’s a multi-line service that you would use together with a Switch Telecom Hosted Switchboard or a VoIP PBX. You can also connect it to a traditional switchboard with a gateway device.
You can choose from a minimum of 4 up to 1000 channels. A channel is the amount of concurrent lines you can have linked to a number or numbers to allow for concurrent calls both incoming and outgoing. This means that the trunk is ideal for both small and large companies, even call centres.
You can choose between a SIP trunk with just one number or one with multiple numbers. Multiple numbers linked to a trunk are called direct dial numbers.
Some of our clients give each employee a phone number that rings directly to their desktop or mobile phone. This allows callers to bypass the main business number. Some of our clients have more than one business number linked to their SIP trunk. We can provision 1 number up to a maximum of 10000 numbers on the trunk.
Moreover, you can upgrade the number of channels or add additional numbers to your SIP Trunk, at any time, without interruption to your business.
- Save up to 50% on your business call charges.
- Port your business number to Switch Telecom or choose a Switch Telecom geographic or non-geographic telephone number.
- Link one number or multiple numbers for direct dial in, to your SIP Trunk
- No lengthy contract – sign up month to month.
- No costly setup charges.
- Easily upgradable with no impact on your business.
- Switch Telecom’s network is fully redundant and offers superior call quality.
- Call forwarding and Voicemail available.
- Divert calls quickly and easily in case of a connectivity or power failure.
- Choice between SIP or IAX2 protocols
- Free fax to email solution for multiple users.
- Visit our Facebook page to read our excellent client reviews. Click here.
Monthly Service Fee:
- R100.00 (including VAT) for 4 channels
- R25.00 (including VAT) per extra channel
Optional Monthly Service Fee:
- R10.00 (including VAT) per additional individual number
- R50.00 (including VAT) per block of 10 sequential numbers
- R250.00 including VAT) per block of 100 sequential numbers
Switch Telecom offers numbers in the following ranges:
Non-geographic number ranges:
- 087 550 xxxx – National
- 087 551 xxxx – National
- 086 0xx xxxx – Inbound National
- 086 1xx xxxx – Inbound National
- 080 0xx xxxx – Toll-Free
Geographic numbers ranges:
- 010 500 xxxx – Johannesburg
- 011 568 xxxx – Johannesburg
- 012 004 xxxx – Pretoria
- 013 004 xxxx – Nelspruit / Witbank / Middelburg
- 014 004 xxxx – Rustenburg / Nylstroom
- 015 004 xxxx – Polokwane / Potgietersrus / Louis Trichardt
- 016 004 xxxx – Vereeniging / Meyerton
- 017 004 0xxx – Ermelo/ Amersfoort/ Bethal/ Surrounds
- 018 004 0xxx – Klerksdorp / Sannieshof / Surrounds
- 021 300 xxxx – Cape Town
- 022 004 0xxx – Malmesbury
- 022 125 0xxx – Malmesbury / Moorreesburg / Surrounds
- 023 004 xxxx – Worcester / Beaufort West
- 027 004 0xxx – Namaqualand / Vredendal / Springbok
- 028 004 0xxx – Swellendam / Caledon / Hermanus
- 028 125 0xxx – Bredasdorp / Hermanus / Surrounds
- 031 100 xxxx – Durban
- 032 004 0xxx – Stanger / Tongaat / Ballito / Surrounds
- 033 004 xxxx – Pietermaritzburg
- 034 004 0xxx – Vryheid / Newcastle
- 035 004 0xxx – Empangeni/ Eshowe / Surrounds
- 036 004 0xxx – Drakensberg / Ladysmith
- 039 004 0xxx – Hibberdene / Kokstad / Surrounds
- 040 004 0xxx – Bhisho
- 041 004 xxxx – Port Elizabeth
- 042 004 xxxx – Uitenhage / Somerset East
- 043 004 xxxx – East London
- 044 004 xxxx – George
- 045 004 0xxx – Queenstown
- 046 004 0xxx – Grahamstown / Port Alfred
- 047 004 0xxx – Mthatha
- 048 004 0xxx – Steynsburg
- 049 004 0xxx – Graaff-Reinet
- 049 125 0xxx – Graaff-Reinet / Middelburg / Surrounds
- 051 004 xxxx – Bloemfontein
- 053 004 xxxx – Kimberley
- 054 004 0xxx – Gordonia / Upington
- 056 004 0xxx – Kroonstad
- 057 004 0xxx – Welkom / Theunissen / Surrounds
- 058 004 0xxx – Bethlehem
Mobile Number Portability has been available between the mobile networks for a few years already and Geographic Number Portability is also available between selected Fixed Line networks. Switch Telecom prides itself in being a market leader and has been one of the first operators to offer this.
We do not offer Internet Connectivity but can advise you on a connectivity solution that best suits your needs. Contact us if you want to find out more.
No, but we would recommend contacting us to discuss which equipment works best.
Both SIP and IAX are supported on the Switchtel Business Trunk Service.
Switch Telecom offer both Pre-Paid (Advance) and Post-Paid (Arrears) payment options.
On Post-Paid billing the invoice is automatically generated and emailed on the 1st of each month in respect of that month’s service fee and the previous month’s calls.
Payment is collected strictly via debit order three working days later.
Subscribers who have elected to pay in advance will need to pay via EFT or by Credit Card on a strictly pre-paid basis. Airtime top-ups purchased using a Credit Card on the Switch Telecom Client Zone are immediate whereas EFT payments are subject to bank clearance delays.
You can take as many direct dial numbers as you require. We do however work on a 10 number to 1 channel ratio. For example, if you have a 4 channel trunk, you can have a maximum of 40 direct dial numbers. If you require more than 40 numbers the channels on your trunk will have to increase accordingly.
What you need to get started:
A Switch Telecom Hosted Switchboard Solution or compatible VoIP switchboard/PBX; or compatible VoIP gateway (FXS or ISDN).
Plus a reliable internet connection.
for 4 channels per month
- Installation Fee: FREE
- Contract Term: Month-to-Month