Number porting is the transfer of your existing telephone number, or numbers, from your current service provider to the Switch Telecom network.
When you port your number to Switch Telecom, the ported number or numbers will be linked to a cost-effective Switch Telecom solution or multiple solutions depending on your requirements. You can choose from a wide range of solutions which will see a reduction in your existing monthly service fees together with your call charges.
Solutions range from a VoIP Line to the Hosted Switchboard Solution. A VoIP line is predominantly used in homes and for one to two people in small offices. The Hosted Switchboard solution has been designed for small to large enterprises as well as call centres. Corporate clients can also choose a VoIP SIP Trunk if they already have their own VoIP PBX and would like to take advantage of Switch Telecom’s great service and low call rates.
Most importantly, Switch Telecom was one of the first service providers to offer geographic number porting and as a result has perfected the process. We will manage the number porting process in full and as such you will find the entire process quick, easy and non-disruptive, even retaining your existing ADSL service if required.
- Notably, reduce your monthly call charges by up to 50% with Switch Telecom’s local, national, mobile and international call rates. Switch Telecom VoIP call rates
- Sign-up on a month to month contract.
- Only deal with one fixed line service provider when you port your number.
- Billing and call rate packages are simple to understand which helps you manage your call spend.
- Access to the Client Zone which allows you to view your itemised billing, invoices and statements, set call forwarding and much more.
- Link your ported number or numbers to a wide range of Switch Telecom VoIP solutions.
- Receive free fax to email when you sign-up.
- Receive free and fast remote support.
- Retain your ADSL Line if needed when you port your number.
- Visit our Facebook page to read what our customer’s think about the service Switch Telecom provides. Click here
Individual phone numbers
A once-off fee of R150.00 (including VAT) will be levied per individual phone number
Where a range of numbers is ported (‘Managed Port’) is calculated at R15.00 (including VAT) per number plus a single base charge of R1,000.00 (including VAT).
- A Switch Telecom VoIP Solution
- Reliable Broadband Internet connection
Switch Telecom is able to port geographic numbers from all major networks registered with The Number Portability Company.
A geographic telephone number is a number that starts with 01, 02, 03, 04 or 05 and a non-geographic number begins with 080, 086 or 087.
The Law and Regulations regarding number portability do not allow for the porting of non-geographic numbers. Switch Telecom is ready and willing to support this as soon as the regulator amends the regulations to allow for it.
Porting can take up to three working days for one or more individual numbers, depending on the donor operator.
Porting can take up to ten working days for blocks of 100, 1,000 or 10,000 consecutive numbers, where a business or wholesale customer is concerned.
A once-off fee of R150.00 (including VAT) will be levied per individual phone number ported.
Please note that where a range of numbers is ported (‘Managed Port’) the fee shall be calculated at R15.00 (including VAT) per number plus a single base charge of R1,000.00 (including VAT). Please contact us for more information.
If you are an existing client please submit the Porting Mandate together with a recent and complete phone account (all pages, not just the cover page).
If you are a new client, please complete the Switch Telecom Agreement and submit it together with all the required supporting documents listed on the Application Checklist.
Please email the relevant forms to email@example.com
When you call a ported number, your network operator will play three short beeps before connecting the call. Furthermore, the network operator might charge a cross-network rate to call a ported number. If the number has been ported to the same network you are calling from then you might not hear the beeps and an on-network charge may apply.
The Law and Regulations regarding number portability do not allow for the porting of non-geographic numbers. Switch Telecom, is however ready to do so, when the regulations change.
What you need to get started:
A Switch Telecom VoIP Solution.
Plus a reliable Internet Connection.
See Pricing for details