A VoIP Line is a direct line service used together with a VoIP telephone (desktop/cordless) or phone adapter (ATA). Switch Telecom uses VoIP technology to provide a telephone service over your wired or wireless broadband internet connection.
VoIP stands for Voice Over Internet Protocol, or in more common terms a phone service over the Internet.
If you have a reliable internet connection such as Adsl, 3G/HSDPA, WiMAX or Fibre, you can get a phone service delivered through your internet connection.
Furthermore, a VoIP Line service, unlike outdated fixed lines, can be moved without requiring a change of telephone number. In addition, Switch Telecom can supply either geographic or non-geographic numbers. Alternatively, you can keep your existing telephone number and port it onto the Switch Telecom Network.
Finally, expect to save up to 50% on your monthly call charges with Switch Telecom’s low call rates and a VoIP Line
- Save up to 50% on your monthly call charges with a VoIP Line and Switch Telecom’s low call rates
- Choose between a geographic or non-geographic telephone number or keep your main telephone numbers when you port to Switch Telecom.
- Never miss a call because you can set up calls to forward to voice mail or your mobile phone.
- By the same token, divert calls quickly and easily in case of a connectivity or power failure.
- Record your own voicemail message or use the default recording.
- Enable call waiting and receive two simultaneous calls (on compatible phones).
- The VoIP Line solution is compatible with most SIP phones and softphones.
- Receive a free fax to email service when you sign-up.
- Voice mail notifications sent directly to your email inbox.
- Receive free and fast remote support.
- Billing and call rate packages are simple to understand and as such, you can easily measure returns.
- Lastly, you can sign-up on a month to month contract.
- Click here to visit our Facebook page and read all our client reviews.
Switch Telecom can offer you a new number with your solution or you can port your existing number.
Non-Geographic Number Ranges
- 087 551 xxxx – National
- 086 0xx xxxx – Inbound National
- 086 1xx xxxx – Inbound National
- 080 0xx xxxx – Toll-Free
Geographic Number Ranges
- 010 500 xxxx – Johannesburg
- 011 568 xxxx – Johannesburg
- 012 004 xxxx – Pretoria
- 013 004 xxxx – Nelspruit / Witbank / Middelburg
- 014 004 xxxx – Rustenburg / Nylstroom
- 015 004 xxxx – Polokwane / Potgietersrus / Louis Trichardt
- 016 004 xxxx – Vereeniging / Meyerton
- 017 004 0xxx – Ermelo/ Amersfoort/ Bethal/ Surrounds
- 018 004 0xxx – Klerksdorp / Sannieshof / Surrounds
- 021 300 xxxx – Cape Town
- 022 125 0xxx – Malmesbury / Moorreesburg / Surrounds
- 023 004 xxxx – Worcester / Beaufort West
- 027 004 0xxx – Namaqualand / Vredendal / Springbok
- 028 125 0xxx – Bredasdorp / Swellendam / Hermanus / Surrounds
- 031 100 xxxx – Durban
- 032 004 0xxx – Stanger / Tongaat / Ballito / Surrounds
- 033 004 xxxx – Pietermaritzburg
- 034 004 0xxx – Vryheid / Newcastle
- 035 004 0xxx – Empangeni/ Eshowe / Surrounds
- 036 004 0xxx – Drakensberg / Ladysmith
- 039 004 0xxx – Hibberdene / Kokstad / Surrounds
- 040 004 0xxx – Bhisho
- 041 004 xxxx – Port Elizabeth
- 042 004 xxxx – Uitenhage / Somerset East
- 043 004 xxxx – East London
- 044 004 xxxx – George
- 045 004 0xxx – Queenstown
- 046 004 0xxx – Grahamstown / Port Alfred
- 047 004 0xxx – Mthatha
- 048 004 0xxx – Steynsburg
- 049 125 0xxx – Graaff-Reinet / Middelburg / Surrounds
- 051 004 xxxx – Bloemfontein
- 053 004 xxxx – Kimberley
- 054 004 0xxx – Gordonia / Upington
- 056 004 0xxx – Kroonstad
- 057 004 0xxx – Welkom / Theunissen / Surrounds
- 058 004 0xxx – Bethlehem
Mobile Number Portability has been available between the mobile networks for a few years already and Geographic Number Portability is also available between selected Fixed Line networks. Switch Telecom prides itself in being a market leader and has been one of the first operators to offer this.
We do not offer internet connectivity but can advise you on a solution that best suits your needs. We also have a large reseller network that we can put you in touch with and who should be able to assist with your connectivity requirements. Contact us if you want to find out more.
No, but we would recommend contacting us to discuss which equipment works best.
If you have bought a Switch Telecom device then the VoIP phones are automatically configured. As a result, you will be ready to make and receive calls as soon as the device is connected to a broadband connection.
If you have your own device we will assist in configuring it using our secure auto provisioning system. We do not guarantee that we will be able to auto-provision every device. However, we have standard setup procedures that are easily followed and which apply to the majority of technology.
Switch Telecom offer both Pre-Paid (Advance) and Post-Paid (Arrears) payment options.
On Post-Paid billing the invoice is automatically generated and emailed on the 1st of each month in respect of that month’s service fee and the previous month’s calls.
Payment is collected strictly via debit order three working days later.
Subscribers who have elected to pay in advance will need to pay via EFT or by Credit Card on a strictly pre-paid basis. Airtime top-ups purchased using a Credit Card on the Switch Telecom Client Zone are immediate whereas EFT payments are subject to bank clearance delays.
These call charges are largely controlled by the service provider that people who phone you are using. Under normal circumstances they should be similair to standard calling rates.
Monthly Service Fee: R49.00 (including VAT)
What you need to get started:
A VoIP Telephone (desktop/cordless) or Analogue Phone Adapter (ATA).
Plus a reliable broadband internet connection.
- Installation Fee: FREE
- Contract Term: Month-to-Month