Switch Telecom is looking for a seasoned individual, who is target-driven, has a proven track record of meeting and exceeding targets on a continuous basis with a competitive drive to succeed.
Key Performance Areas
- Lead generation, target-driven cold calling and in-person visits and presentations to prospective clients.
- Frequently holding meetings within the given territory to boost profit and develop relationships with clients.
- Intensive market research with focus on expanding the company’s client base and identifying new business opportunities within the assigned territory.
- Collecting product feedback and conveying ideas for improvement to senior management.
- Managing the entire sales process with analysis of competitors and business intelligence activities.
- Regular and timely updates of progress/active accounts on CRM.
- The ability to source and recognise sales opportunities and close them.
- To establish and develop business relationships with prospective clients to generate new business.
- Develop clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective clients.
- Must be a resourceful person able to find elegant solutions in an environment where new challenges often arise.
- Coordinate sales efforts with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics, and technical service groups.
- Detail-oriented and motivated, who can work without supervision.
- Supply management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Keep abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
- Plan and organise personal sales strategy based on the sales targets given by management.
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- At least 4 years sales experience with a history of successful cold-calling and lead generation.
- Comfortable selling to, influencing and building trust-based, value-added relationships with senior executives.
- Own vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- Time management and good organisational skills.
- Confident and self-motivated.
- A good listener.
- Firm yet friendly.
- Ability to negotiate with high levels of management.
- Able to demonstrate integrity, drive, and natural curiosity.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast paced quota driven environment and be motivated to take on new challenges.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office – PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Attention to detail & follow up skills.
- Good planning & organizing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently as well as in a team environment.
- A qualification in Sales and Marketing will be an advantage.
The following qualifications or experience are not essential but will be viewed favourably:
- 2-3 years of work experience in the South African telecommunications or IT industry.
- 2-3 years of work experience selling VOIP.
- 2-3 years of work experience selling Hosted Switchboard Solutions.
- Being a South African Citizen.