Switch Telecom based in the Bryanston area is looking for a senior PHP Developer.
Key Performance Areas
- Development of new database-driven web applications and web services
- Development of modifications and add-on modules to existing PHP applications
- Troubleshooting of PHP applications
- The candidate must have a good understanding of MySQL, databases, SQL queries and query optimisation
- Think laterally and can find feasible and secure solutions to problems working under high pressure
- Exceptional quality of output and attention to detail are a natural part of your skill set
- Adheres to best practices and standards
- Self-starter and who enjoys leading edge technology
- You would like to make a meaningful contribution and can work efficiently on your own as well as in a team
- Must be a resourceful person able to find elegant solutions in an environment where new challenges often arise
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Detail-oriented, motivated, self-starter who can work without supervision
- Min of 6 years: Linux, Apache, MySQL administration
- Min of 8 years: PHP application development in a LAMP environment
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The following qualifications or experience are not essential but will be viewed favourably:
- Proficiency in C/C++, Asterisk, AGI, VoIP systems
- Experience working with MVC Frameworks (Laravel / Symfony / Zend)
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or Field of study preferred
- Experience in Telecommunications
- Being a South African Citizen
Send Us Your CV
Posted January 2018
Looking for mid-weight developer that is passionate about technology.
Posted January 2020
Have your finger on the pulse of the business.
Posted Just Now
Take your career to the next level.
Posted March 2018
A basic knowledge of hardware, operating systems and local area networking is essential.
Posted January 2018
Passionate about client service, then this is the position for you.
Posted February 2018
No cold calling required.