Switch Telecom is looking for Senior PHP Developers who are looking for exciting challenges within the Communication Industry.
The position is fully remote and we offer competitive packages and perks.
Join us and be a part of something exceptional!
Key Performance Areas
- Development of new database-driven web applications and web services.
- Development of modifications and add-on modules to existing PHP applications.
- Troubleshooting of PHP applications.
- The candidate must have a good understanding of MySQL, databases, SQL queries and query optimisation.
- Think laterally and can find feasible and secure solutions to problems working under high pressure.
- Exceptional quality of output and attention to detail are a natural part of your skill set.
- Adheres to best practices and standards.
- Self-starter and enjoys leading-edge technology.
- You would like to make a meaningful contribution and can work efficiently on your own as well as in a team.
- Must be a resourceful person able to find elegant solutions in an environment where new challenges often arise.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Detail-oriented, motivated, self-starter who can work without supervision.
- Min of 8 years: PHP application development in a LAMP environment
- Min of 6 years: Linux, Apache, MySQL administration
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The following qualifications or experience are not essential but will be viewed favourably:
- Proficiency in C/C++, Asterisk, AGI, VoIP systems
- Experience working with MVC Frameworks (Laravel / Symfony / Zend)
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or Field of study preferred
- Experience in Telecommunications
- Being a South African Citizen