Switch Telecom is looking for an experienced Technical Support Manager to head up our technical department.
The successful candidate will be required to fulfil the following duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and grow the existing technical team, which includes the screening and interviewing of new staff, through understanding, guidance and encouragement.
- Ensure standard operating procedures and project guidelines are in place and new and improved processes and procedures are developed to streamline the technical team’s efficiency and to ensure continued customer satisfaction.
- The Technical Support Manager will have to monitor task allocation and performance evaluation of the technical team.
- Project scheduling and resource management.
- Planning, budgeting and reporting on projects and new product development.
- Mentoring and coaching staff.
- The Technical Support Manager will have to manage team priorities on a daily basis.
- Assume responsibility for escalated / unresolved queries.
- Developing a deep understanding of Switch Telecom products and services.
- Presenting on team performance and product development, present monthly and when required to senior management.
- Meeting with clients and suppliers to gather information and determine requirements and design solutions for both client solutions and new product development.
- The Technical Support Manager will need to conduct regular team meetings, training sessions and tracking of team progress.
- Conduct performance review of team members and identify areas of improvement, give feedback and recommendations for promotions, salary increases, performance bonuses and deal with HR in terms of any HR related matters.
- Provide an efficient working atmosphere for the team and ensure all daily, monthly and yearly objectives are met.
- Ensure that the technical team follows the correct procedures, policies and processes across all aspects of the business.
- Assist in the installation of hosted switchboards, configuration of handsets and installing VoIP Solutions.
- Troubleshooting complex technical VoIP Solutions.
- Providing excellent customer service, this includes continual feedback to clients, resellers, internal parties and management.
- Dealing with all technical escalations be it with clients, suppliers, interconnect partners, internal parties and service providers.
- Ensure that the technical team provides prompt first response on all service requests and that the service requests are managed to completion in a timeous and professional manner by each member of the technical team.
- Professional communication with clients, resellers and internal parties and being responsive to the client’s needs and issues.
- Taking ultimate ownership of all service related queries handled by the team.
- Collaborating extensively with peers and resellers to resolve issues within the accepted time frames.
- Collaborating with peers and senior management in terms of new products and new product conception, implementation and roll out.
- Ensuring that all service requests handled by the technical teal are updated comprehensively within the ticketing system.
- Monitoring and maintaining Switch Telecom’s core network and traffic flow.
- Handling the support and troubleshooting of technical issues that cannot be resolved by members of the technical team.
- Development of operational technical documentation.
- Monitoring of termination providers interconnects both SS7 and SIP.
- Drawing weekly and monthly reports to determine team performance; information drawn from the reports needs to be presented to management if and when required.
- Assist and facilitate Switch Telecom resellers with the effective monitoring and management of their networks to ensure the successful delivery of Switch Telecom services.
- Work together with senior management to identify resource and equipment requirements, efficient capacity planning and management of software and hardware availability.
- Manage standby duties.
- Prioritization of numerous service requests via the severity of the problem.
- Dealing with issues and support tickets logged by Switch Telecom’s top 50 clients.
- Testing and implementation of new equipment, hardware and software.
Send Us Your CV
Posted January 2018
Looking for mid-weight developer that is passionate about technology.
Posted February 2018
Have your finger on the pulse of the business.
Posted Just Now
Take your career to the next level.
Posted March 2018
A basic knowledge of hardware, operating systems and local area networking is essential.
Posted January 2018
Passionate about client service, then this is the position for you.
Posted February 2018
No cold calling required.