Switch Telecom is looking for an Asterisk Engineer to provision and configure VoIP solutions and provide high quality telephonic, remote and onsite Networking & VoIP Support to existing and new clients.
- A strong understanding of Asterisk is essential.
- The candidate must have a good understanding of the TCP/IP networking suite, and be familiar with IP routing protocols including SIP, IAX, RTP, H.323 as well as being familiar with the codecs used for encoding voice traffic in an IP network and router/modem hardware.
- A strong knowledge of Broadband, GSM and Wireless connectivity.
- SIP Hard & Softphones experience.
- Experience troubleshooting hardware and firewall related issues.
- Experience in a large-scale IP services network is beneficial.
- Troubleshooting various client-related connectivity and VoIP issues.
- Installing hosted switchboards, configuring handsets and installing VoIP solutions.
- Providing excellent customer service; this includes continual feedback to the client; prompt first response on all service requests; professional communication to the client; being responsive to the client’s needs and issues and taking ownership of all service related queries.
- Prioritisation of numerous service requests via the severity of the problem.
- Diagnosing, troubleshooting VoIP, internet and network related issues for Switch Telecom clients both telephonically and via a ticketing system.
- Collaborating extensively with peers and resellers to resolve issues within accepted time frames.
- Ensuring that all service requests are updated comprehensively within the ticketing system.
- Assure focused and productive communication with new and or existing clients, as well as internal and external agents.
- Resolving inquiries from clients, resellers and wholesale clients to ensure maximum customer satisfaction under the supervision of the Technical Manager.
- Act as an interface with clients, resellers and wholesalers.
- Act collaboratively to solve problems and resolve spontaneous and unique situations with professionalism and service orientation.
- Ensure delivery of committed services and overall satisfaction with Switch Telecom performance.
- Provide direction/information to resellers, wholesalers and technical team as required ensuring excellent coordination/execution of work within client environment with minimal disruption, as needed.
- Assisting in client retention and escalations.
- Providing technical and administrative support to internal and external agents.
- Assist with receiving and dispatching of work requests to the technical team, vendors or other services providers.
- Supporting and troubleshooting all hardware supplied by Switch Telecom; this will sometimes include assisting with hardware that has not been supplied by Switch Telecom.
- Assisting in the monitoring and maintenance of Switch Telecom’s core network and traffic flow.
- Liaising with Switch’s interconnect partners and assisting with troubleshooting high-level network and interconnect issues.