The emergence of digital technologies such as Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) has seen a decline in the utilisation of analogue technologies. This decline has also led to VoIP service providers in South Africa discovering innovative ways to scale and reduce costs. Most VoIP service providers in South Africa offer products and services which enhance productivity and efficiencies in the home and workplace.
VoIP technology runs over IP and offers businesses the benefit of high-functionality and low-cost. VoIP also enables mobility and fast deployment. Most notably, it enables businesses to automate their tasks, and greatly enhance staff productivity. These benefits also lead to increased transparency.
The Basics VoIP Service Providers in South Africa should offer:
- Firstly, the systems should be affordable and easy to use and set-up;
- In the same way, call charges should also be easy to understand and affordable;
- VoIP Providers in South Africa should be registered with the Number Portability Company and as such should be able to port your geographic numbers:
- The provider should have a resilient network which will ensure maximum uptime for your business or home;
- You should be able to choose from a range of solutions that can be tailored to suit your needs;
- There should be no lengthy contract terms;
- You should be able to choose which Internet provider and bandwidth medium you use;
- And above all, the provider should offer excellent call quality.
What should VoIP Service Providers offer up and above the basics:
- They should take the time to evaluate your specific needs and explain all the options to help you decide the best fit for your home or business.
- An online portal will assist you in managing your communication solutions.
- Real-time statistical data will assist in further management of your communication portfolio.
- Free remote support is essential for quick turnarounds and change requests.
- Your VoIP provider should offer value added services such as hosted switchboard solutions, call recording, toll-free numbers and more.
- Most importantly, they should offer tools that allow you to control your communication spend.
Choosing the right VoIP service provider
In a highly competitive environment, the ability to deliver quality service is essential to sustain a business. Selecting the right VoIP service providers in South Africa is vital if you do not want to compromise your business. The right VoIP service provider can provide you with fantastic call quality, cost-effective solutions, great customer service, value-added services and the ability to put control back in the hands of its clients.
Switch Telecom has over ten years’ experience as a VoIP service provider. We offer solutions to thousands of home and business clients in South Africa and abroad. Switch Telecom has gained a reputation for our outstanding service and advanced solutions. We provide VoIP services to bring down costs but more importantly, we offer cost-effective communication solutions that enable smart communication.