The demand for cloud telephony services is at an all-time high. VoIP services and Hosted PBX solutions are becoming increasingly popular with small and large enterprises.
There is a much lower barrier to entry in comparison to traditional PABX and telephony solutions. VoIP rollouts are usually easier, with quicker turnaround times to deploy the solution, regardless of where the site is situated.
Being in the cloud affords hosted PBX telephony solutions the flexibility that a physical telephony solution can’t. Adding and removing extensions is quick and easy. Engineers no longer have to be deployed to a site to do routine changes. And if you are with the right provider new features are constantly being added as and when they become available.
As simple as it is becoming, there is still often the need for physical handsets.
For many organisations, setting up a new phone system is a big headache as it can be quite complicated, particularly when multiple sites are involved. But this is not an issue with Switch Telecom’s Auto-provisioning functionality, which makes deployment incredibly easy.
Take the hassle out of Telephony deployment
Instead of manually setting up each handset, configurations are obtained from a central console easily located in the Switch Telecom Client Zone. The configurations are applied as the handsets join the network. The Switch Telecom Auto-provisioning console identifies handsets by their hardware addresses and automatically assigns the relevant extension numbers when they connect.
Auto-provisioning is especially useful when deploying a large number of handsets. You can now set up multiple handsets at the click of a button. It also reduces the amount of effort and skills required, which means less time and money spent on the task. A big win for any management team!
Currently, the Switch Telecom Auto-provisioning system is able to quickly provision most Yealink handsets and Grandstream devices. We will, however, continue to engage with our resellers and clients if there is a demand to add further telephony device makes and models to the system.
The Auto-provisioning system also allows for 3rd party hardware, not provided by Switch Telecom and the central control also allows administrators to plan system-wide cutovers well in advance. Large cutovers now become a lot easier to manage. Best of all, the system alleviates set up errors.
What you need to know if you purchased your hardware from Switch Telecom:
Unless otherwise instructed, Switch Telecom engineers will always provision your hardware before delivering it to site. This makes it incredibly easy to connect to the Switch network. If, however, you would like the hardware provisioned only once it’s safely arrived at your offices or home, simply log onto the Client Zone and follow these quick instructions:
- Select the Auto Provisioning drop-down item under the Services menu.
- Click on the New Hardware menu item.
- Under the Usable menu option select the unit you would like to provision.
- Click on Add for Provisioning and then select Proceed on the pop-up dialog.
- Select the VoIP Line or hosted extension you would like added to the device.
- Save the device settings. Another pop-up dialog will appear, please select Go to Provisioning.
- You can provision all your extensions by selecting Open Provisioning. If you are only provisioning one device you will select that specific device and then select Activate Provisioning.
- Unbox and connect your device to a network point or modem.
- Sit back and watch your phone/s auto provision.
If you are provisioning a number of devices and have already plugged them into the relevant network points, ensure that you factory reset each one in order to proceed.
What you need to know if you are provisioning 3rd Party hardware:
- In order to add 3rd party hardware to the Auto-provisioning system please ensure that you have sent the Switch Telecom support team a list of the MAC addresses and associated serial numbers of the devices you would like to provision. (A Switch Telecom engineer might ask for proof of purchase or an image of each serial and MAC address, which is usually found underneath the device).
- The Switch Telecom engineer will proceed to add each device onto the Auto-provisioning system.
- You will be informed once all the devices have been added to the system.
- Once you’ve been notified that all the devices have been added to the system, please log onto the Switch Telecom Client Zone.
- Select the Auto-provisioning drop-down menu item under Services.
- From this point on, please proceed with steps 5, 6, 7 and 8 as per above.
- Sit back and watch your phone/s auto provision.
Not only is the Switch Telecom Auto-provisioning system a win for big business managing large rollouts or cutovers to the Switch Telecom Hosted Switchboard platform, it makes the life of a Switch Telecom reseller a whole lot easier, particularly when they are supplying clients with hardware purchased from a 3rd party.
In conclusion, the Switch Telecom Auto-provisioning system allows for a quick, secure and trouble-free telephony rollout or cutover at the touch of a button.
Contact us on 087 550 000 to get started.